Saturday, March 15, 2008

The march for the cure

Ok so I am trying a little harder to keep you posted about our crazy life. Yesterday started my wacky weekend. Right after I got the last second grader on the bus I practically ran back to my classroom and gathered all my stuff together and ran to my car. This in itself was tricky because we were in the process of getting some serious rain. Now I know we need the rain but not last night. I made my way to my daughter's middle school and parked my car in the distant parking lot. I really needed to be closer to the band room but school was letting out and all the parents were in line to pick up their kids. I walked to the band room and met up with the band director. We were waiting for two school buses to come and get us and take us (the band director, me, the 7th and 8th graders and all their instruments) to a local high school for the Florida Bandmasters Concert. This is an annual event that showcases the middle school bands and they are graded on their performances. The kids have a new band director this year and they are trying really hard to adjust to him. It's been a tough year for these kids. I was very proud of them though because they earned all excellents. It was a good night. We got back to the middle school around 8:30pm and then drove my friends son home. I took my daughter and myself to McDonalds for a late dinner. We came home and she went to bed. (We had to get up early today but I am getting to that)...

My older daughter came home from a date with her boyfriend and after he went home she and I stayed up and talked until 12 midnight. I love talking to my girls and it gives us a chance to spend some time together. I treasure these moments with my girls and it reminds me of the conversations I used to have with my own mom when I was a teenager. I really miss her.

Today (Saturday) we woke up at 6:30am and got ready for the Race for the Cure http://www.komenswfl.org/. My school put a team together and we walked. It was great, the weather was wonderful and it was a great opportunity to meet with my colleagues out of the classroom. Since I had stayed up so late and had to get up so early today I was really beat when we got home. After the race the girls (my daughters walked with me) we went to breakfast and dropped one daughter home. The other daughter and I went on a few errands and then came back to the house. I wasn't able to work any more so I just chilled on the couch and those that know me who are reading this are probably in shock. I even fell asleep on the couch for about a half hour. Then I got up and got dinner ready. My daughters boyfriend came for dinner so I had to get some food for this boy to eat and the rest of us too!!! I felt much better after dinner and then cleaned up the kitchen and decided to work on a quilt for a customer. I didn't finish it but it's started and I will finish it tomorrow.

I won't tell you about tomorrow yet. I think I have said enough for tonight. You all are probably tired by now. Get some rest I know I am heading to bed early tonight!!

No comments: