Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Week in the Life...

WOW! What a week. Monday started out normal and was a good day! This was the week the kindergarten to second grade kids were tested on the things they have learned this year. It was mostly about Reading. The kids did a great job and I am so proud of them.

Tuesday night after school I volunteered to help out at the concession stand at the baseball stadium. It was a college baseball game with Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU the college I graduated from) and University of Florida (UF GO GATORS!) It was a long game and we sold lots of beer. The kids from JROTC run the stand, they cook the food, run the registers but the adults have to pour the beer. It was the 3 instructors and myself. I didn't find out about it until the day before. So I was on the run after work to get home, change clothes and get to the stand by 5:30pm!! I didn't get home until about 11pm and I was beat. We did have fun and it was a lot of fun and I think they made a lot of money too!

On Wednesday, our students watched a play rehearsal of a typical day at our school. Our 5th graders wrote the play and they did a great job! The students and teachers really enjoyed watching the production. Wednesday night I helped after school to grade the science fair projects. Our students turned in 132 projects. That is the most we have ever had and our science teacher was overwhelmed! It was lots of fun. Desirae even came to help out. We left school at 8pm when the custodians were closing up. We had to go to Joanns and Borders for a few items and then headed home. I got home at 9pm and did two loads of wash.

Thursday (today) should have been an easy day! It was the last day of our testing and we were lucky enough to have a child's author come to our school and give a presentation to our K-2 kids. It was a lot of fun and a nice way to end our last day of testing. I had a training class to attend tonight and we had a showcase of talent at my school. That is when we have the art projects on display for our parents to see. We also had teachers presenting the interactive white boards and how we use them during the day in our lessons with their children. I was going to do one of those but was scheduled to attend a training class. Then Desirae came to my school after she got out and told me I needed to attend the county JROTC awards. I was planning to attend to watch her get an award but she told me I was presenting an award to her school. I had no idea! Needless to say I had to leave the training class early and drive to her school. When I got to her high school I had to report in to the head honcho and he told me I was presenting 2 awards! It was fun but I would have liked an email to let me know more info in advance.

It was a great night and I love being with these kids. I am hoping that tomorrow will be a nice normal day. I am totally exhausted and plan on going to bed. Now you know why I have this name for my blog and the reason I don't post every day. I am not always here. Right now I am waiting for another load of laundry to be put in the dryer so I have clothes to wear to school tomorrow! I love my life and wouldn't change it for the world. This running around keeps me young and my mind sharp! (At least I keep saying that! LOL)

Have a good rest of the week.



No comments: