Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wonderful kids!

My girls are the best! We have a washing machine that has been on its last legs for a while now and it finally died this past weekend! So my amazing girls went to the laundromat for me and did 9 loads of wash! Then they brought it home and I spent the rest of the day drying those 9 loads.

They could have done many things but helped me out. I was upstairs working on quilts for my customers. Thanks to them I was able to get a lot done that day.

Carol my youngest comes to my elementary school every day after her high school gets out. Today she helped me put up my bulletin board in the hallway. She is a great help to me and when I am not in school she comes and helps out the substitute teacher that may be in my class. Desirae use to come to my class to last year before she got her job so now she only comes in once in a while. I like it when she comes in because then all my filing gets done! Carol helps the kids pack up at the end of the day, she records their behavior in their agendas (whether they were good or bad during the day)...and helps them with Reading or sometimes Math. Now in the high schools here the kids needs a certain amount of volunteer hours before they can graduate so this will help both of them in that area.

Carol also does my art work for my bulletin board. I will take some pictures of the one that is up now. She has made me a duck (that you will see in one of the next posts) and the gingerbread house that I had up at Christmas time. She is very talented. She also created the lady bug drawing that the kids colored and glued spots on for the bulletin board this month. I wouldn't know what to do without her.

I know there are lots of people who have problems with their kids but I am proud to say that my girls haven't really given me any trouble. They aren't perfect but we always talk and when something is bothering them we do talk. I like when they come home and we sit in my studio and talk about their days. It reminds me of when I use to do the same thing with my mom. Of course it makes me miss my mom too. She would love to sit in on these chats and be a part of their lives. I really miss my mom alot.

Well that is all for now. I have two more days of school and then it's spring break. I can't wait. This week I have been tutoring kids afterschool getting them ready for the Stanford 10 test. This is a state test to see how well the kindergarten thru 2 grade are learning the skills they need in each grade. We have one more session tomorrow after school and then two more after we get back from spring break.

Tomorrow we are having an Easter Egg hunt at school for the kinder kids and that should be fun. I was worried that I wouldn't have enough for my class so I bought some plastic eggs at the store and some candy and filled about 30 eggs tonight. I hope more kids are bringing stuff in tomorrow. I will let you know how we make out.

Later,

Marie

No comments: