Monday, February 18, 2008

How I spent my day off...

Ok now I have two posts in one day. That is pretty good. Here is how I spent part of my day. I did finish this basket quilt...It just needed the binding sewed on it. So I did that and added the label. I belong to a group on the computer that helps people finish their UFO's. (unfinished quilting objects). This is my first finish for 2008, last year I was able to get about 20 done and I have about a million more to go. Well that is a bit of an exaggeration but I have lots. It's good to get something finished. I also did 3 loads of laundry and got them put away. I cooked dinner and did some work for school. I graded some test papers from last week and put my grades into my computer gradebook. I am all set for work tomorrow so I took the night off.

The other thing I did was work on my dad's scrapbook. I started this about 2 years ago I think. His pictures from World War II were starting to fall apart. I bought a book and am just putting the pictures on safer paper. I think my dad used these pictures as mini letters to his mom so she would know what he was doing. As I put the pictures to paper I am writing the information he posted on the back of the pictures. I am also adding some stickers to spice up the pages. I also found some special papers I purchased on vacation so I am adding those as well. My daughter tried adding some extenders to my book so I could add more pages but I have the wrong ones. The next time I go to the craft store I will have to get the right ones. In the meantime I am going to work on more pages. I also have another book for my girls pictures. This book will be of all the pictures I have taken of them. Here are two pages from my dad's book that I finished tonight.















No comments: