Tuesday, February 26, 2008

One sick bunch!!!

Well it's not what you think. On Sunday we got up to go to church and my hubby was sick. I won't go into details but it wasn't a pretty sight. So he wound up in the living room sleeping in his chair all day. The dogs were mad because no one would play with them. My younger daughter started to feel bad too later Sunday afternoon and by 5pm I joined them. My head hurt and no one had eaten. All I can say is, it's a good thing we have 3 bathrooms in the house. By Sunday night I knew my younger daughter and I would not be going to school on Monday. I called my girlfriend and told her she wouldn't have to get her in the morning. I went in early on Monday and got things ready for the substitute teacher. I was up from 1am to 2:30am typing lesson plans for the substitute. I went in and got everything ready and then I went home to bed. By noon I had a temp of 99.9. My younger daughter started to feel better and we thought we would be able to get to school on Tuesday, today. I felt ok but nothing terrific and when I called home tonight she sounded worse. She now has a temp of 101 and it looks like she will be home tomorrow. I will be going to work as I have two important meetings that I can't miss. So that is life here. Thank goodness my older daughter is fine. She ate dinner last night and tonight at her boyfriends house. At least she isn't going to get this cold or whatever it is we have. She had a mild case of it last week and just has a very slight sore throat.

I will be happy when life returns to "normal" around here. I am just glad my hubby's lasted for 24 hours and he is fine now. I have a slight headache tonight but nothing serious. I will take some nyquil tonight and already gave some to my other daughter. She is on her way to bed soon. She needs her rest. I am going shortly myself. I haven't been eating well and I am very weak and can't afford to get sicker!!!

I am not one of those people who get flu shots. Everytime I have gotten one I have gotten the flu so bad I didn't want to live. This is the first time in many years I have been this sick. I won't bore you anymore.

I didn't get a chance to work on anything fun this weekend. Didn't even get to work on sewing for my customers. I will be doing that this coming weekend.
Stay well and safe with the crazy weather up north.

No comments: