Friday, September 5, 2008

Finishing projects and preparing for the Storm of Ike!!

OK well....more time has gone by but it was useful time I think. I have been getting use to working with kindergarten and getting our routines down both in the classroom and at home. I think we are ok with everything now. It's been interesting having two kids of my own in high school and teaching 5 year olds all day. It's like shifting gears going uphill...... I sometimes don't know if my brain can move so fast....LOL

I also quilted two UFO's last weekend and also put on the bindings by machine. But they have been sitting in my studio for a week waiting to be finished. And they are still sitting here. I had 2 customers quilts to finish and tonight I am going to work on the binding on the second one. I have one done already. It's been fun finishing my own things and I have about 5-7 more ready to be on the machine. Maybe I can do more quilting this weekend. I am also using some leftover batting for these too. Eventually I will have to start buying batting but right now it feels good to use large pieces for these smaller quilts.

I also finished the baby quilt for my new nephew and also have the label sewn on. I am going to box it up this weekend and get it out in the mail. I hope the baby's parents like it and use it often. It's a tossed 9 patch quilt from Eleanor Burns and it's a super easy pattern to make. I bought the pattern at my local Joann ETC store. It's a great pattern for using up scraps. I used blues and off white for mine. I will post a picture this weekend. I have to charge the camera again.

That is about it. We are all watching Hurricane Ike to see where he is going to hit. We missed Hanna but I think she is heading towards the Carolinas so if you are in her path please listen to the media and move if they tell you to. I hope Ike just moves out into the Atlantic and blows himself out. We really don't need anymore rain. I had to move part of my classroom again so when it rains the roof won't leak all over my stuff.....

I will post again. Tell me what you are working on!!

Marie in soggy Southwest Florida

No comments: