Monday, August 25, 2008

The time bandit!!

Ok the time bandit was at it again....I can't remember a time when life happened so fast. I remember being a little girl thinking that the days passed way too slow, and now that I am older (notice I didn't say wiser...LOL) they are flying by in a minute...

Last week was the first week of school for the kids and my first week in kindergarten. OH MY!!! They are so tiny and cute!!!! I started out with 18 sweeties and we ability group kids in my school so we had to test this little ones and get them with the right teacher. I have the kids on the low end of the spectrum so my class is smaller with 11 kids. I have to tell you they are sweet and so darn cute!!

They are learning their letters and names. The first week was hard and nerve wracking but we had a great day today. I also have an interactive white board (They are also called SMART Boards) and the kids get to use these too. We used it today and I will be using it everyday in my classroom. It really gets the kids involved in their learning. They love using it.

I haven't been sewing or quilting much because I get home and I am so tired. I didn't get home tonight from school until 6pm. I am still trying to get use to the new grade level and how things get done with the little ones. Prior to this I have taught second and 4th grades and you really have to change your thinking style with the little kids...

Since we have a 3 day weekend coming up I am hoping to get the camera charged up and the quilting machine working to get some more ufo's completed. I have the baby quilt for my neice done and I machine sewed the binding on last night but that was a far as I got. I hope to start working on that this week to get it in the mail by Saturday.

I guess that is it for today. I will write again this week but keep reading!!! and let me know what you think. I know some have said the background color was blue and I am not sure how that happened because it was tan so I changed it and it should be ok now. Let me know.

Happy Daze!!!

Marie

No comments: