Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy Belated Veteran's Day!

Yesterday was Veterans Day and I chaperoned the JROTC high school kids marching in the parade. I love going to this parade. It's held in the next town to me and the people really came out to see this parade. It's the third time I have marched with the kids and I think this was the best turnout the parade has had.


The kids and adults loved seeing them and cheered us on. We had two groups, one group just marched and sang Army cadence (marching) songs and the other group was spinning 14 pound rifles while they marched. The last group is the one my daughter was in. They are amazingly talented kids. We had 55 kids in the parade from our high school but over 300 from the whole county. That is wonderful.


I had a doctor's appointment in the AM and all was ok so far. Still have more appointments with other docs to complete my complete physical, I think you get the idea!!


I have a new quilt on the design wall and CMA Country Music Awards on for a while. I also finished another quilt yesterday. This is an old underground railroad quilt I made about 5 years ago and I am going to send this to my friend in Colorado again. I am going to fill another box and I hope to have 4-5 quilts (all UFO'S) in the box before I send it.


I am charging the camera tonight and will get a picture of it and the one baby quilt for my granbaby CoryAnn (who will make her grand entrance in January 09) and post them here on Friday night.


I have a class to go to after school tomorrow and won't get home to do much on the computer. After a day with the kinder kids and then a 3 hour class on top of that I will be wiped out.


Keep sewing and quilting and making people happy!!!


Marie....this is our Lab Daisy who is my official quilt checker. This quilt passed her inspection and thought it was a good one!!!

No comments: