Thursday, November 6, 2008

Halloween stories!

I thought I had posted this but I completely forgot about Halloween. I was so happy not to have to give out candy I even forgot about the blog!!! AAARRGGHHH!!!!
My daughter and her friend handed out candy to all of about 15 kids that came to our door! But they had fun and that is all that matters.
At our school we had a storybook parade....some of the grade levels had a theme but everyone had to dress up....even the principal (she was a witch) and the assistant principal was a pirate. The kindergarten team (my team) were witches and we had our pictures taken for the yearbook and also one with the principal. We were teasing her that she was the head of the coven....LOL...She has a great sense of humor and we all had a great laugh.
The kids had the best time in school. They came in wearing their costumes and once the announcements were over we started trick or treating in the hallway. The lights go down low and the music comes on and we all parade around the school and the kids get candy. Then we did some Halloween activites and watched, "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!". I love watching that movie and have seen it 3 times this year already! (I love Snoopy!)
My daughter was a vampire and we got a great black cape for her (I wore it to school for my witch costume) and then she bought some fake vampire teeth. They are pretty cool, they fit to her teeth and she wore them at her school and also at mine. The kids loved them. She scared one of my little boys until she showed him that they come off and are fake and then he was fine. Here is a picture of her "new teeth".
They are great and she loved them.
I am so excited about this weekend. We have off for 4 days. Monday is a hurricane make up day so we are off and then on Tuesday its Veterans Day and we are off then. I have a doctors appt. on Tuesday and then I am going to chaperone the Veterans Day parade with my older daughter. She is marching in the Veterans Day parade with her JROTC unit and I go with them. I love being with the older kids after being with the little ones all day.
I am looking forward to finishing some major quilt projects this weekend too. And maybe even making a new pair of pants and a skirt for school. I will let you know.
Later!!!
Marie

No comments: