Saturday, November 8, 2008

We are going to be....

GRANDPARENTS!!!! Isn't that cool. My step-daughter is going to have a baby in January and we are very excited about this news. Mom and baby are doing fine according to my daughter who is in contact with her over their MYSPACE accounts. She also called her dad (my dh) to tell him last week. Today he told his parents that they are going to be great-grandparents again. They are very happy too. We know the baby is a girl so I have one pink quilt all set and ready for quilting...I need to make the backing and buy the batting this coming weekend. Today I found some scraps that a friend gave me and started playing around with the squares. I made a really cute middle part of a quilt and then started a new technique I have wanted to try and now I am in the middle of another quilt for the new baby. I also finished the purple and green quilt for my step daughter. She will be getting a box of goodies pretty soon. I just have to get a good sized box so I can send all the goodies to her. I also want to make her a set of booties and a sweater for the baby. I have to get more yarn for that.

I worked on a customer quilt today and then took the day off. We are going out to dinner in a few minutes and then I am coming home to finish the baby quilt. I will post a picture later tonight of the pink quilt.

Happy Saturday!!!

Marie

No comments: