Saturday, July 26, 2008

Getting UFO's Completed!!

Ok I have spent the day playing in the studio. This is a good thing and a bad thing. I have almost finished a Christmas wall hanging, I just need to make the label and then it will be done. I also quilted a wall hanging for my studio and machine attached the binding and sleeve to it and it's ready for some hand sewing. I also quilted the donation quilt for my friend and added the binding by machine today. I will start the hand work on these three tomorrow night as I watch TV.

Once I get these done I will post some pictures here. I think they came out really nice. I also bought a super great pattern today while I was in Joann's ETC and it was from Eleanor Burns Quilt in a Day easy pattern. It's called a Tossed Nine Patch and it's so easy to make. I played today and made 4 blocks. I will make more and post a picture in the next day or two. It's a great scrap buster and I was able to use some fabric up but you still can't tell I used anything from my stash. That is because I have way TOO MUCH FABRIC and won't buy any at all. I bought some batting today and backing for the 2 larger quilts I had to finish. For the smaller quilts I am trying to use some of my stash as backing. I could live to be 200 and never use all of this stuff.....I will take some pictures of that too!!!

Happy Stitching!!

Marie

No comments: