Monday, July 14, 2008

On The Road Again!!

We have been traveling for the last week and visited family in Virginia and Washington D.C. We saw some of the sights at the Smithsonian Museum and also saw the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, Vietnam Veterans Memorial and the Sunset Parade featuring the Marines Drum & Bugle Corps, the President's own Marine Band and the Marine's Silent Drill Platoon.

It was great and the only bad part was some of the rain we encountered getting to Virginia. Our first night out we stopped at Brunswick GA and apparently they were getting a tornado and it was windy and rainy all night long. At least we had gotten in the campsite and set up and walked the dogs before it really started to pour. When we got up the next morning we found out that some campers 2 sites over lost their awnings in the wind. I had one of our opened but quickly shut it when I saw the wind pick up.

Right now we are in Maggie Valley NC and the weather is beautiful. No temps higher then the 80's and it's great walking weather for the dogs. They love walking around the dog walk area and I think tonight after dinner we will take them for a long walk around the campground.

We leave this wonderful place on Friday. Right now the girls are with me in the internet cafe in Maggie Valley. It's a great place for ice cream and coffee and free internet. This is a new place in town and I think it will fast become one of my favorite places. I was able to get some internet last night at the campground but it was pretty hit and miss. I was able to send mail which I couldn't do in Virginia, there I was only able to get mail. I am downloading mail now so all is good.

After this we are heading to the new quilt shop to see what they have.

I guess that is all for now. I will try and update again before we leave.

Happy Trails!! Marie

No comments: