Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Traditions

Hi Everyone, I didn't realize I haven't posted in a while. It's been a nutty place at school. The kindergarten classes are performing next week and we have been practicing every afternoon for 45 minutes. The kids are singing, Jingle Bell Rock, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Up on the Housetop, Feliz Navidad, and We wish you a Merry Christmas. There are also hand motions that go along with it. Today's practice was great. The kids are really learning the words and the hand motions. In between the songs are poems that some of the kinder kids are reading and they are just too cute for words!

Tonight our 5th grade choir sang the same program and they did a great job. It was at the local Barnes and Noble store so my daughter and I went. We also had dinner at McDonalds as that was a fund raiser for our school. So we had to eat fast and get to the book store. These 5th graders are very special to me because they were the first class I ever taught. They opened our school 4 years ago and were my second graders. I love these kids. They are so grown up and I can't believe they are going to middle school next year. They did a wonderful job. Of course we couldn't leave without buying books. I didn't see anything I liked but Carol was able to find 5. I am sure she would have liked more but I had to keep her on my budget! She is trying to read one now but I am watching Santa Claus Is Coming To Town.
I love watching these old shows. I remember watching them every year on TV as a child in my PJ's. And having to go to bed when they were over. Remember about 10 years ago they even quit showing them on TV for some reason. My kids were little then and I remember telling them about these shows. Then they finally started showing them and I would watch them every year without fail. Then they started coming out on VHS and DVD and I have them all. It's just not Christmas until they show them on TV and even though I have them on DVD it's much more special when they are on TV. I feel the same way about White Christmas. They don't always show that one so I bought it and now have 2 copies of it, (VHS and DVD). I never heard of or watched It's a Wonderful Life until I met my husband. We used to watch it after Thanksgiving each year (with the kids) and then it disappeared from the TV. I finally found it and bought it for my husband. So now when it's not on TV we can watch it whenever we want to.
I know I might offend some folks here and I don't mean to but we can't stand to watch The Christmas Story. I have never understood what was so great about that show. Can someone tell me? I think some really great new shows have come out over the year. I like watching Ebbie with Susan Lucci and A Mom for Christmas with Olivia Newton-John and the movie with Dolly Parton and Lee Majors....I can't remember the name but my daughter has those DVD's....oh yeah the other one I like is with Mimi Rogers, the Christmas List....GREAT!!!!
ok time to get back to sewing. I got some work in and that is another reason for not posting. I will be posting more this weekend. One more week of school and then we are off for two weeks. Can't wait!!!


Marie

No comments: