Wednesday, December 31, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Before the night gets away from me I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year! Today is the last day of the year and a time for memories and some new plans for 2009.

This year was defintely different. My hubby went from working daily to maybe working weekly due to the economy and the downfall in the construction industry. But that is ok because we made it thru the year and that is all that matters. My girls had a good year and that is GREAT. Their grades are up and one is working and paying on her truck so all is good there. I have a good job and I hope to keep it for a while.

We are very blessed. We have clothes to wear, food to eat, a home to give us shelter, dogs and a cat who think we are wonderful, job to help pay for our needs and wants, and friends who make it all worthwhile and our families.

I hope we can continue this in the coming year and remember how much we have to be thankful for. I know its not Thanksgiving but the new year does make you thankful for what you have.

I don't make resolutions anymore because I can never keep them. I make simple plans and ideas that I would like to carry out throughout the year. This plan has served me well in years past. This is going to be the year of cleaning. I am not going to kill myself cleaning my house but I do want to make it a little more presentable and not so dumpy. I work many hours and don't feel like cleaning when the weekends come around. So this year I am going to use the FlyLady techniques I learned years ago. Do something for 15 mins at a time. If you set a timer for 15 mins and just work you can't imagine how much you can do in that time frame. Try it and let me know what you think.

Have a wonderful New Year celebration tonight. My children and I will be staying up and eating and playing games and waiting to ring in the new year. Not sure if my husband will be staying up or not but that is ok. The dogs will since we will have food....LOL

Hugs and happiness to you all!

Marie

No comments: