Friday, December 26, 2008

The Day After...

I hope everyone had a great Christmas yesterday. We slept in and that was a nice feeling. I actually had to wake up the 17 year old so we could unwrap the gifts. LOL That was a first ..I remember when they used to wake us up. The rule in our house is that you have to wait until everyone is up and we have eaten something before we can open presents. Well that was easy to do this year. Hee Hee!!

Carol handed out all the gifts and we opened them. It was fun and the dogs had the best time. They loved their cookies and got to eat them right away....they also open their own presents and if they weren't too busy eating their cookies they would help open ours!

Everyone loved their gifts and I started cooking right away with my new pots and pans. I know that is a strange gift but I really need new ones and was thrilled to get them!

Santa brought us the new Monopoly game without money but with the debit cards! WOW! It is so cool. We stopped playing and then started again a few hours later and the machine remembered how much money we had. We stopped for the night and recorded what properties we had and where we were on the board. If we get home early tonight from dinner we will finish the game. I don't think I have ever finished a monopoly game before. We now have 4 versions of it, the original game that my parents bought me a thousand years ago, the here and now version with the millions of money, the dog version of it, (really cool to play) and the here and now world version with the debit cards....I think we are starting a trend to get all the monopoly games we can find. I am still looking for the peanuts version....LOL

We also played Don't Forget the Lyrics. That is a riot because all the songs are oldies and some are really oldies and my girls don't know that many of them. So they got mad at me because I knew the words to the songs. But they knew some too and it was great watching them try and remember the words. We like playing games but its only the 3 of us, dave doesn't play the games with us.

Tonight we are going to dinner at a friends house from high school. I am looking forward to seeing her and her family. It's been a very long time since we have seen each other.

Hope you all had a great holiday.

Marie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great day. Who did you eat with? lol
It's funny that we both played the same game.
I'm glad that you and your family had a nice holiday!
Lynn